Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day!!

As you all know, today was father's day. i spent a few hours with my daddy and grandma, then came home and went to mamaw and papaw ellis's house. i didnt take any pictures today :( but here is a picture of something i painted last friday at The Pottery Place



It's called a medium-sized nesting tray, but I decided that I wanted it to be my cookie tray :) I can't wait to get it back this coming Friday so I can make cookies and put them on it haha

Anyways, for those of you who havent heard about The Pottery Place, it is a place that recently moved to Pullman Square (it used to be on 1st Street and 6th Avenue) and you can paint pieces of pre-made pottery, from 4x4-inch tiles to piggy banks to XL platters, any color you want. It's a really great place to go if you want to make something special for that special someone lol I've made a garden stake for my boyfriend's mom, multiple tiles for different people, a plate for my grandma (I painted a family tree on it with birds on the branches), an ice cream bowl for Terry, and magnets for my boyfriend and Sabrina. I'll try to find some pictures of them and post them (keep in mind that most of these haven't been fired in the kiln yet so they look a little different now than in these pictures lol).















No comments: