Saturday, November 29, 2008

my car wreck

yes, that is what my car looked like after some guy decided to lock up his brakes for some unknown reason. he told the cops that someone cut him off in ongoing traffic through a green light, but the witnesses say that he's lying. this is the story from my point of view:
I was coming home from Applebee's and was getting off the interstate when someone driving a van decided to stop instead of continue onto the road. well, i guess he thought i got too close for comfort behind him so he decided to follow me after i passed them. a car was slowing down to get into the turning lane in front of me so im guessing he saw this as an opportunity to get in front of me. this is where he locked his brakes up and i rear-ended him. 2 people in a van pulled up near the wreck to see if we were ok since the guy i hit decided that he would rather take photos of mine and his skid marks and my license plate(?) with his knock off razr phone than see if i was ok (im sure you can guess that he did this on purpose?). one of the witnesses called the cops while the other one came over to me to see if i was ok. i couldnt get my car door open so i just sat in my car until my parents got there. an ambulance came and asked me if i was alright. i told them that i was just a little shaken up. two police officers showed up 5 minutes later and took everyones statements. they told my family and i what the guy had told them (see the first thing i told you) and that they pretty much figured he was lying considering he had 15 feet of skid marks. another great thing about this guy was that he had about 5 kids and a wife in the car with him and the witness that talked to me until my parents got there said that when he went over there to check on all of them, none of them were in seatbelts and about 3 of the kids needed to be in carseats. i dont know what the police did about that but they told us to call our insurance company asap and have them deal with it. my mom took a bunch of pictures and one cop even told her to take video of how long the skid marks were. lets just say that after being 19 for not even a day, im not sure i want to find out how the rest of my time being 19 will turn out haha. here are some more pictures of the accident:

the back of my car. notice the skid marks (sorry these may be blurry...my hands were shaking because it was so cold!


















his skid marks are on the right, mine are on the left






















this is the guys gross van...there was dirt all over the road. the cops said it came from underneath is van! also, notice the stare im getting from the kid in the back of the van...yep i got those same stares from everyone who was in that car when the dad was planning to slam on his brakes...because obviously he knew about half a mile before it happened that someone was going to cut him off...hmm? i find that very odd, dont u?

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

As a professional at having idiots hit me, you should have gone to the hospital to be checked out. Especially since I read you were sore. It seems ridiculous, but trust me. It's pretty much a necessity. I'm glad you're OK, though.

JOHN said...

Alex,
Thats messed up.You are going to be sore on, are about the second or third day.Take plenty of warm baths'Also document everything.If you cant sleep write it down,,every medication that you must fork out and purchase.And dont settle.You might feel it later on.I was hit by three 17 years,T-boned.I couldnt sleep on myleft side for almost two years.And I settled for $5000
Stop by my blog and keep me posted
Jhn