Tuesday, September 23, 2008

today's the day

this is going to be a short blog because i dont have much to talk about except for the fact that my ex-boyfriend's dad is in Louisiana right now and he's about to find out if his cancer is terminal or not...

John Barriteau (my ex's dad) has cancer known as Carcinoid Syndrome. it is mainly in his appendiz and liver. he's been developing this for about 2 years now. Here are some links to information about it:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/carcinoid-syndrome/DS00690
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/MEDLINEPLUS/ency/article/000347.htm
http://www.carcinoid.com/index.jsp

i think my ex boyfriends sister, Megan Stevens, had buttons made, but im not exactly sure. i do know that they want to spread the word about this type of cancer because it is extremely rare!

-----------------------------------------------------

OK so i just found out that my ex's dad is having surgery on everything except his liver (earlier they said he would have to have a liver transplant but im not sure if thats still in affect or not).

ALSO TODAY - i gave blood for the second time in my life....and now i am 2 for 2 on almost passing out lol
i did better today because i didnt throw up unlike my first time which was about 2 Aprils ago. my bag filled up within 10 minutes (which is pretty fast) and i ended up getting sick.
this time though, my bag took longer to fill up and i also had a cup of coke on hand for me to sip on. when they were all done taking my blood i sat up and felt very hot (which means im likely to pass out, throw up, or both...) so they took me to the recovery station and i had held an ice pack to my chest for about 10 minutes. then i ate a small slice of pizza and a bag of cookies and felt better...now im eating a small bag of pretzels while my arm is KILLING ME!! ill have to upload the pictures of my eventful day later because i am in the library at school...ttyl!!

1 comment:

Jan AKA Wammy said...

So sorry to hear about you ex-boyfriends Dad I hope that he gets some encouraging news today.